- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup jarred tomato salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (reduce to ¼ teaspoon for milder flavor)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium skillet, stir together rice, broth, salsa, garlic, cumin, salt, chili powder, onion powder and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then reduce to medium and simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until about half of the liquid is absorbed.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until tender, about 8-10 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
Originally Posted on January 20, 2020
Updated on May 19, 2022
Calories210kcal (11%)Carbohydrates43g (14%)Protein7g (14%)Fat1g (2%)Saturated Fat1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat1gSodium760mg (32%)Potassium338mg (10%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar3g (3%)Vitamin A390IU (8%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium40mg (4%)Iron1mg (6%)