- 2 tubes refrigerated crescent roll dough or Crescent Dough Sheet
- 1 cup Blueberry Jelly/Sauce/Preserves homemade recipe bellow
- 1 8 Oz Cream Cheese Softened at Room Temperature
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Homemade SAUCE This makes about 1 cup of filling
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries 8oz
- 5 Tablespoons warm water
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice optional but recommended for best flavor
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- HOMEMADE BLUEBERRY SAUCE – Whisk together the warm water/lemon juice and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Combine the blueberries and sugar in a small saucepan over low-medium heat, for about 4-5 minutes, until blueberries just start to break apart.
- Mix in the cornstarch/water. Gently simmer for 3 minutes until the sauce begins to thicken. Set aside and let it cool to room temperature before using.
- In a standing mixer, beat softened cream cheese until fluffy. About 2 minutes. Add sugar and beat another 2 minutes scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add vanilla, lemon juice, egg, and mix until combined. Set aside.
- Unroll the crescent dough on the baking sheet, separating the triangles. Cut each crescent roll triangle in half lengthwise into two pieces.
- (Or cut into triangles using a pizza cutter, or a sharp knife if using crescent roll sheet, triangles should be about 2 – 2 1/2 inches wide and about 9-10 inches high).
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese mixture over each triangle and then spread about 1 Tablespoon of the raspberry sauce on top.
- Starting with the largest end of the dough, gently roll each triangle into a crescent and arrange onto the baking sheet leaving 2 ½ inches apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Drizzle with milk and sugar glaze or dust with powdered sugar over the crescent rolls if desired.
Milk and Sugar Glaze
1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
2-3 tbsp heavy cream or milk