- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream set out for 30 minutes
- ¼ cup granulated sugar can use up to 1/2 cup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pounds seedless green grapes rinsed and patted dry
- 2 pounds seedless red grapes rinsed and patted dry
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped pecans divided
- In a large bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat softened cream cheese and sour cream together until smooth and creamy.
- Add granulated sugar and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Fold in the grapes and half of the chopped pecans until evenly coated. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour, best if chilled overnight.
- Just before serving, top with a few extra grapes cut in half and sprinkle with brown sugar and remaining chopped pecans. Serve chilled.
I love making this recipe with toasted pecans because it adds so much flavor to the salad. To toast the pecans:
Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Spread pecan halves out in a single layer. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally and keeping a close eye on the nuts. Remove from the oven, let cool, and then chop for the salad.
Calories: 272kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 80mg | Potassium: 367mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 33g | Vitamin A: 473IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 1mg