FOR THE CAKE:
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 5 large eggs
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
MAKE THE CAKE:
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, vanilla, and bourbon. Set aside.
- In large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat sugars and butter until creamy. About 3-4 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Turn the mixer to low and alternately add flour mixture and milk mixture, mixing well, but just until combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes or until cake springs back when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then turn it out onto a plate.
MAKE THE GLAZE:
- In a small saucepan over medium low heat, whisk together the orange juice, sugar and bourbon. Mix and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Do not let the mixture boil.
- Brush/drizzle glaze all over warm cake immediately after turning it out onto the plate.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before serving.
- Top the cake with a dollop of whipped cream and fresh fruit.
- Store the cake in an airtight container at room temperature.