- 1 large egg (well beaten)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries (fresh or defrosted and well-drained)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium-size bowl, beat together the egg, sugar, oil and vanilla until fluffy.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk. Mix just until combined.
- Fold in the raspberries.
- Spray an 8″ or 9″ square pan with cooking spray.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- For the topping, combine the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, butter and nuts. Mix well. Sprinkle the topping over the cake batter.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes. If the pan is a 9″ pan, it will take closer to 25 minutes. If it is an 8″ pan, it will be done in closer to 35 minutes.
- Serve warm.