- 1 box white cake mix (prepared to package instructions)
- 3 ounces orange gelatin (1 small box)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3.4 ounces French vanilla instant pudding (1 small box)
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 30 ounces mandarin oranges (drained)
- 8 ounces whipped topping (thawed)
- Mix and bake cake in 13×9 pan according to package instructions. Allow the cake to cool.
- Using a fork, poke holes in the top of the cake.
- In a small bowl, mix together gelatin with 1 cup of boiling water until dissolved. Pour the gelatin over the cake, making sure to pour over and into the holes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the French vanilla pudding mix and 1 ½ cups of milk. Allow the pudding to set for 3 minutes, then spread it overtop the cake.
- Add a layer of half of the Mandarin oranges over the pudding.
- Top with whipped topping and the remaining Mandarin oranges.
- Cover and chill for 4 hours before serving. Keep refrigerated.