Blueberry Pancakes – Recipe Girl
Why are these the best pancakes?
Several commenters on this recipe agree.
- Oh my gosh, these are my favorite pancakes! Fluffy and beautiful!
- MMmmmmm, I just love pancakes! Thanks for sharing this fluffy looking recipe, I made it for breakfast the other day! It was quick to prepare and delicious!
- This is a great recipe because it’s easy and it works! Thank you!
- Absolutely scrump-deli-umptious!!! Take a bit longer to cook, though, so keep that heat kinda low. I used fresh blueberries that were slightly tart and got all juicy and just awesome! The batter makes a ridiculously fluffy cake. Awesome!
- all purpose flour
- white sugar
- baking powder and salt
- vegetable or canola oil
- fresh blueberries
How to make the best blueberry pancakes:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Then make a well in center of the mixture.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, oil and vanilla; add to the dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Gently fold in the blueberries.
Pour about ¼ cup batter for each pancake onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or skillet. Cook the pancakes until the tops are covered with bubbles and the edges look cooked; turn and cook the other side.
And then douse the whole stack with warm maple syrup. I like to add a few more blueberries on top. Enjoy!
Smaller, fresh blueberries work best for blueberry pancakes. And you can also use frozen blueberries for this recipe. There is no need to thaw the frozen blueberries. They should thaw and cook right into the pancakes.
The Best Pancake Recipes:
Who doesn’t love blueberry pancakes? Make them a weekend tradition at your house.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Keyword: blueberry, pancakes
Servings: 4 servings (two 6-inch pancakes per serving)
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup milk + more to thin out the batter, as needed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup fresh blueberries (frozen will work, if needed)
- Whisk together the first 4 ingredients and then make a well in center of mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, oil and vanilla; add to the dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour about ¼ cup batter for each pancake onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or skillet. Cook the pancakes until the tops are covered with bubbles and the edges look cooked; turn and cook the other side. Serve with maple syrup.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 306kcal, Carbohydrates: 54g, Protein: 8g, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 51mg, Sodium: 217mg, Potassium: 143mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 17g, Vitamin A: 152IU, Vitamin C: 2mg, Calcium: 126mg, Iron: 3mg