- hulled fresh strawberries
- white sugar
- freshly squeezed lime juice
- full fat, plain yogurt
- heavy whipping cream
- fresh blueberries
How to make Red White and Blueberry Popsicles:
The full, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
These popsicles are made in three steps, so the layers will show up nicely.
- In a blender, combine the strawberries, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1½ tablespoons lime juice. Puree, scraping down the sides as needed. Pour through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing on the solids; discard the solids. Divide the puree among six 4-ounce or eight 3-ounce popsicle molds. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- Combine yogurt, cream and 2 tablespoons each sugar and lime juice. Remove the molds from the freezer and top with the yogurt mixture; insert popsicle sticks. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- In a clean blender, puree the blueberries, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, and remaining 1½ tablespoons lime juice. Pour through a clean sieve into a bowl, pressing on the solids; discard the solids. Remove the molds from the freezer and top with the blueberry puree. Freeze until solid, 6 hours more (or up to one week).
ust before serving, briefly run the molds under hot water to release the popsicles.
What are the best popsicle molds?
If you want to buy the molds that are picture in this recipe, those are silicone molds and they are really easy to use for making popsicles. There’s another type of silcone popsicle molds that has a slightly different shape that are cute too. The Dinosaur Popsicle Molds are pretty adorable too.