- 1 box white cake mix (with ingredients on the back of the box)
FOR THE PINEAPPLE TOPPING:
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple with juice (1 small can)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
FOR THE FROSTING:
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4-5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Prepare cake according to instructions on package.
- Bake in a greased 9×13 inch pan according to package directions.
- Allow the cake to cool on a wire rack.
- Once the cake has cooled, use a fork to poke some holes over the top of the cake.
- Combine pineapple and sugar in saucepan. Bring o barely a boil and stir until the sugar is dissolve. The juice should look clear. Then remove from heat.
- Spoon over cooled cake and spread the pineapple out to cover the top completely.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add powdered sugar and beat again until smooth. Add in the heavy cream a tablespoon at a time as needed to make the frosting spreadable.
- Drop spoonfuls of frosting over the top of the cake, then spread the frosting very carefully over cake. Be very gently doing this so the layers stay in place.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.